Total Pageviews

My Favorite Things

  • Naptime
  • Caffeine in various forms
  • Italy
  • The Beach
  • Family camping trips
  • The gym
  • Storytime at the Library
  • Rachael Ray
  • Running

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Confessions of a Toddler Mommy

Several random confessions from the past few weeks.

1. Today I caught myself singing "You Spin My Head Right 'Round" by Flo Rida. To my one year old. Oops.

2. I also had "True Life: My Breasts are Too Small" on while Captain Destructo was in the room.

3. On a related note, I've come to the conclusion that I hate breastfeeding and don't want to do it again. However....

4. I'm so scared of what my boobs will look like after this one's born that I am committed to do it for a full year.

5. I've been staring at the clock, waiting for bedtime, for about 5 hours straight now.

6. Only I kinda miss Captain Destructo when she goes to bed.

7. I go through entire days where I wonder why I thought I wanted 2 kids.

8. I am the laziest potty training mother ever. I sometimes forget that I'm supposed to be asking her if she needs to go potty and before I know it, 4 hours have passed with no trips to the potty.

9. Captain Destructo doesn't know her colors. She can count to five, name animals out the wazoo but acts like I'm asking her to speak German if I ask her which egg is blue. Maybe this should be her confession. Can one year olds be color blind?

10. My husband is gone all week and I was so lonely today I caught myself narrating out loud as I cooked dinner.

Feel free to add your confessions below. I know you've got 'em.

3 comments:

  1. You're brave. I'll keep my secrets! lol
    And the song I was singing to Finley was sooooo much worse. I had one line stuck in my head and I finally was like "what IS the rest of that song and WHAT does it mean???" I googled it. OH. MY. GOSH. Where did I hear this filth in the first place?????? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok here are the first two that come to mind but I know there are many more if I took time to think it through...

    1) I just ate a bowl of popcorn and found small laminating pieces in the bottom of it. awesome! I'm hoping they decrease my appetite. Ha! I guess I should wash that bowl.

    2) I was singing to N the other day but thinking of 45 other things and realized I was chanting "Beans Beans the magical fruit". Really?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Tim's not home (all the time) and I cook a meal for myself, I find myself narrating more often than not. Then I realize that I'm telling the wall how the green beans should be cooked. I look around and see there are no cameras rolling, while millions of people watch me from their couches at home...and I keep right on narrating. (If someone were to see me, I'd say I was talking to the dog.)

    ReplyDelete